Digital Forensics Kenya
With our professional digital forensics services in Kenya, you can rest assured that your investigations are in good hands. If your company needs access to critical evidence held in digital format, our team of digital forensics professionals will assist you in recovering it promptly and efficiently.
East Africa Hi Tech Solutions, is among the top digital forensics companies in Kenya. We are a team of highly skilled digital forensics professionals in Kenya who provide forensic services to corporates, government and private clients throughout Kenya. We offer a wide range of services including computer forensics, mobile phone forensics, data recovery, cyber security audits, incident response and investigations. Proven, tested and among the top cyber forensics companies in Kenya.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of service possible to our customers through our commitment to integrity, professionalism and excellence. Our services include:
Digital Forensic Investigation Services
Cybercrime is on the rise, and it’s getting worse. According to the PWC 2020 survey, cybercrime was implicated in 34% of all fraud occurrences. However, it is only 1 percent behind customer fraud in terms of growth during the past years. As a result, many organizations at risk of cybercrime are ill-equipped to deal with it, exposing them and their customers.
Incase you your company needs digital forensics services, Contact East Africa Hi Tech Solutions Today we are among the top digital forensics companies in Kenya and ready to help.
Digital Forensic Services – It’s purpose
Investigations in both criminal and civil cases make use of digital forensics services.
When it comes to criminal law, data are collected to prove or disprove a claim. In addition to gathering intelligence, evidence can be used to detect, identify, or prevent future cybercrimes. For this, data collecting may be less rigorous than traditional forensics.
To help with electronic discovery in civil proceedings, digital forensics. Unauthorized network penetration is a common example. A forensic examiner will endeavor to determine the attack’s scope and identify the criminal.
Due to the local rules requiring persons to provide encryption keys, the forensic investigation becomes more difficult.
Who needs Computer Forensic Services?
Digital forensics services are most frequently employed in a court of law to uncover and analyze electronic data. However, the procedure can also be applied in other situations.
The Service is utilized by those who require systematic research to collect, identify and validate digital information to reconstitute previous occurrences while conserving that evidence in its most original form.
Data forensics is the study of digital forensics and the examination of data. Financial crimes are identified through analyzing structured data. – Digital Forensics Kenya.
Digital forensics on;
- Mobile Phones
- SSDs etc
Digital Forensics Companies in Kenya
There has been Growing companies need consultants with specific solutions, because of this, digital forensic firms in Kenya have developed solutions for complex problems. Our professionals combine expertise in a wide range of businesses with years of experience.
Furthermore, our centralized procurement forensic investigations and litigation teams are skilled at uncovering and providing economic evidence, investigating and discouraging fraudulent conduct, and assisting organizations involved in ongoing litigation, alternative dispute resolution, or investigations.
If you have cybersecurity or digital forensics threats, what can you do with them? A closer look at professional’s digital forensics service Kenya that takes this path is provided below.
With years of experience in criminal, civil, corporate, private, and legal aid cases, we have assisted in the successful provision of evidence in defense and prosecution cases.
What Kinds of Data Can Be Collected?
Sometimes, sources of extremely valuable data are overlooked.
Help defense attorneys avoid unwanted fishing expeditions and invalidate claims, including;
- Open innovation
- Document management systems
- Source code repositories
These systems may investigate the lifetime of a document as well as error management. It can use Tags, captions, annotations, and comments to determine the purpose of a document, who created or viewed and sent it.
A qualified and perceptive specialist can also gain a new perspective on the existing facts. Whether you are creating or seeking a database, you need the help of a team of specialists from Digital Forensics Services Kenya.
Database forensics is utilized in property rights or patent infringement, financial fraud, and even attacks such as security breaches or virus outbreaks.
A forensic database expert can frequently locate critical evidence in a database’s structure. And suppose a database forensic investigation leads to computers, digital devices such as iPhones, tabs, pads, or cloud computing systems. In that case, we can maintain our search for data without skipping a step.
Digital Forensics specialized services in the following areas:
1. Consultative services for dispute resolution
Experts have civil and criminal experience.
2. Protecting your business
This includes business interruption and subrogated claims, as well as product recall and fraudulent claims.
3. Fraud prevention methods
We can assist you when it comes to anti-corruption training, money laundering investigations, asset tracking, criminal defense, and open-source business intelligence investigations.
4. Cyber-forensics as part of legal technology solutions
The professional team specializes in computer forensics, data gathering and analysis, and data analytics. Contact us today to learn more about digital forensics services in Kenya. Expert Computer Forensics Kenya & Best computer forensics companies in kenya
Branches of Digital Forensics in Kenya
Digital forensics has many different branches.
Generally speaking, digital forensics can be broken down into five main branches:
- Information technology forensics (ITFS)
- forensics for mobile devices
- Investigations into network security
- Analysis of forensic data
- Database forensics
The demand for digital forensic and investigation services has increased. This includes the following:
- Privacy-related concerns require multidisciplinary teams.
- The importance of data analytics in detecting and preventing fraud
- Asset tracing is making a comeback.
- IT’s growing importance as a tool in the investigator’s toolbox
- The use of digital discovery systems is growing.
Computer Security and Forensics in Kenya
As the world becomes increasingly digital, the importance of computer security and forensics cannot be overstated. In Kenya, the rapid expansion of the internet and mobile devices has opened up new opportunities for cybercrime, making it more important than ever for individuals and organizations to protect themselves against digital threats. At its core, computer security is about protecting digital assets from unauthorized access, theft, and damage. This includes everything from personal data and financial information to intellectual property and trade secrets. In Kenya, many organizations face unique challenges when it comes to computer security, such as limited resources, weak legal frameworks, and a shortage of skilled professionals.
One of the most effective ways to improve computer security in Kenya is through computer forensics. Forensic analysis involves collecting and analyzing digital evidence to reconstruct past events and identify potential threats. By leveraging forensic tools and techniques, organizations can not only detect and investigate cybercrimes but also prevent them from happening in the first place. Computer forensics is particularly important in Kenya, where cybercrime is on the rise. With the increasing use of mobile devices and the internet, cybercriminals have more opportunities to launch attacks and steal sensitive information. From phishing scams and malware to identity theft and ransomware, there are countless ways that cybercriminals can exploit vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks.
Computer Forensics in Kenya
To combat these threats, organizations need to take a proactive approach to computer security and forensics. This means implementing robust security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and intrusion detection systems, and regularly updating them to stay ahead of new threats. It also means investing in the skills and tools needed to conduct effective forensic analysis and investigation. In Kenya, there are a number of organizations such as East Africa Hi Tech Solutions working to improve computer security and forensics. Overall, computer security and forensics are critical components of digital security in Kenya. By taking a proactive approach to protecting digital assets and investing in the skills and tools needed to conduct forensic analysis and investigation, organizations can help ensure a safer and more secure digital future for all Kenyans
Types of digital forensics in Kenya
East Africa Hi Tech Solutions is the leading provider of digital forensics services in Kenya, dedicated to assisting individuals, businesses, advocates and law enforcement agencies in investigating and solving digital crimes. Our team of skilled experts combines cutting-edge technology with advanced techniques to uncover valuable evidence from digital devices. Whether you require assistance with cybercrime investigations, data recovery, or expert witness testimony, we are here to help. Explore our wide range of digital forensics services below:
- Cybercrime Investigations: Our experienced team specializes in investigating various forms of cybercrimes, including hacking, data breaches, online fraud, identity theft, and cyberstalking. We utilize advanced forensic tools and techniques to trace digital footprints, identify perpetrators, and gather evidence for legal proceedings.
- Mobile Device Forensics: With the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, mobile devices have become a significant source of digital evidence. Our experts are proficient in extracting and analyzing data from mobile devices, including call logs, text messages, emails, social media activity, GPS information, and app data.
- Computer Forensics: Computer forensics involves the collection, preservation, and analysis of digital evidence from computers and computer networks. Our specialists employ sophisticated tools to recover deleted files, examine internet browsing history, investigate email communication, and detect hidden data.
- Network Forensics: In cases involving network breaches, unauthorized access, or suspicious activities, our network forensics experts can investigate the network infrastructure, analyze logs and traffic data, and identify potential security breaches. This helps in determining the extent of the intrusion and mitigating future risks.
- Data Recovery: Accidental file deletion, hardware failure, or malicious attacks can lead to data loss. Our data recovery services employ advanced techniques to retrieve lost or deleted data from storage media such as hard drives, solid-state drives (SSDs), flash drives, and memory cards. We can assist with both physical and logical data recovery.
- Forensic Data Analysis: Our skilled analysts possess the expertise to sift through large volumes of digital data, such as emails, documents, images, and databases, to uncover patterns, anomalies, and correlations. By employing data analysis techniques, we can provide valuable insights and support investigations.
- Expert Witness Testimony: Our certified digital forensics experts are available to provide expert witness testimony in legal proceedings. They can explain complex technical concepts, present findings, and help the court understand the significance of digital evidence.
We prioritize client confidentiality, accuracy, and professionalism. We understand the importance of maintaining the integrity of digital evidence, and our processes adhere to international forensic standards. If you require any digital forensics assistance or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a computer forensic investigation cost?
This depends on the type and number of workstations. The cost can only be determined after information gathering and scope of work establishment.
- What data type can provide supporting evidence in a court of law?
Email conversations, internet activities, opened, saved and downloaded files, deleted files, social media conversations etc.
- Can data transferred to a USB device and the files involved determined? We suspect unauthorized transfer of media files.
Files used, saved and transferred can be determined alongside the time of use and the receiving party. This is mostly in cases of data leakage, password theft and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- What is the difference between data recovery and digital forensics?
Data recovery involves the extraction of files from an inaccessible/failed storage device while digital forensics involves the extraction, analysis and preservation of data that can be used in a court of law.
- Can deleted social media conversations be recovered in cases of fraud and harassment?
It depends with the availability of the device under which the data was saved, as most of the data is held in the device or the social media networks/servers.
- Can password protected files be recovered?
The files can be recovered, we will need to analyze them and determine an effective way to bypass the controls and access the data.
- We noticed some unauthorized bank transfers, how can you help?
We can assist with checking the indicators of compromise in the system, analyze and contain the threat to mitigate future risks.